Friday, May 11, 2012

RAVE FAVE: Korean Amethyst Jewelry

Amethyst & Citrine 4-in-1 Necklace

I know, it has literally been FOREVER since I blogged.  While a busy work schedule is not the best excuse to offer, that is actually the honest reason for my long absence from this blog.  I am hoping to get back to the swing of blogging.  I admit that I have been engaging in quite a bit of retail therapy since January.  Stress at the office fuels the little shopping monster in me, so I should have no problem with what to write about when things start to calm down.  That's something to definitely look forward to!

There is a recent addition that I wanted to share, which incidentally I did not purchase.  My amethyst and citrine necklace from Korea.  Last October, my parents went on a 10-day tour of Korea.  One of the tour stops included a huge jewelry shop selling Korean amethyst.  My mom usually doesn't go nuts in a jewelry store.  She will look through all of the glass cases, but always stops short of asking the salesperson for the price of the sparkly bauble she is eying.  Her mantra is, "If it's in a locked jewelry case, then it's probably out of my price range, so why bother."  My dad, on the other hand, rarely if ever steps foot in a jewelry store.  He would rather poke his eyeballs out than to suffer through the torture of combing through the jewelry cases.

Thus, the fact that my parents (1) entered and perused through a jewelry store, and (2) BOUGHT a few baubles at the jewelry store is nothing short of a miracle.  Perhaps it was the excitement of being in a foreign country.  Whatever it was that tickled their own little internal shopping monsters, I am thankful because I received a great present!

My mom told me that as soon as the woman at the jewelry store showed her this piece, she knew that I would love it.  Moms do know best because this is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry that I own.  It is literally four necklaces in one.  The round pendant is two sided with purple amethyst on one side and yellow citrine on the other.  The round pendant pulls apart to four smaller triangular pieces to create a beautiful and dainty citrine or amethyst choker.  The sterling silver chain is also adjustable so that I can wear it as a choker or at a longer length, or even adjust it to the collar line of my blouse, shirt, or dress.  This necklace is so versatile that I can wear it for the daytime or evening with dark or light colors of clothing.  I seriously love, love, love!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, how much are you asking for it?
    I really really like to get it for my wife.
    you can contact me at: willem.isk.kbp@gmail.com
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi would like to know how much is the necklace ur mum bought for you. Can you please contact me at lilianwong85@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi would like to know how much is the necklace ur mum bought for you. Can you please contact me at lilianwong85@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually realize what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my site =). We could have a hyperlink change contract between us!
    Wedding Dresses

    ReplyDelete