Tuesday, March 1, 2011

BEAUTY REVIEW: Revlon Quick Dry Base Coat

I used to do my mails all the time, so my collection of nail polishes and treatments was quite large at one point in time.  However, in the midst of moving, I got rid of a lot of old polishes and started to only give myself manicures without the polish at the end to save on the time that would have been spent on application and drying.  As a result, my polishes and nail treatments sat idle.  So much so that I recently threw out more polishes to shrink my stash even more.

The other day, after a long hiatus, I decided to polish my nails.  I was tired to looking at my naked nails and remembered the good old days.  Unfortunately, my bottle of base coat had seen better days and I tossed it.  My local drugstore was having a sale on Revlon cosmetics, so I took picked up a bottle of the Revlon Quick Dry Base Coat.  I used to use the Revlon Double Twist Base and Top Coat treatment, but stopped using that once I became a dedicated Seche Vite top coat user.  Besides, I think Revlon discontinued that and now sells the Multi Care Base + Top Coat.

The Revlon Quick Dry Base Coat looks milky white in the bottle, but applies clear on your nail.  It has a super fast drying formula for impatient people like me and (according to the Revlon website) helps to prevent nails from yellowing, peeling, and splitting.  It also supposedly helps lock in natural moisture and forms a hard, flexible, shatterproof shield.

I did my nails on Saturday night and gave myself a french manicure using:
  • A single coat of the Revlon Quick Base Coat;
  • A single coat on my nail tips of the Revlon Nail Enamel in White on White;
  • A double coat of Revlon Nail Enamel in Sheer Heaven (I don't know if Revlon still has this color); and
  • A double coat of the Seche Vite top coat.
It's Tuesday and so far so good.  Despite all my constant computer keyboard typing at work, my polish is not lifting from the nail, so that's a good sign.  The base coat is a little on the thicker side so one coat seemed sufficient upon application.  It also dried with a glossy shine, which made the color application easier.  All in all, I recommend this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment