Friday, May 25, 2012

BEAUTY REVIEW: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

SOURCE:  urbandecay.com
I noticed that my most recent posts have consisted of bad reviews regarding drugstore cosmetic products, so I thought I would stray from this trend and post a review about a cosmetic product that I love.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I have oily eyelids, which affects the lasting power of my eyeshadows.  I am a big believer that drugstore cosmetics can be just as good as department store brands, so I usually try drugstore varieties before investing my hard earned money on more expensive high-end products.  Thus, I tried the L'Oreal De-Crease Eye Shadow Base first.  Unfortunately, I didn't see any remarkable results or improvements when I used the De-Crease product.  My eyeshadow still faded and creased within no time at all.

I finally caved in at Sephora one day and decided to purchase the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.  Virtually every makeup guru on YouTube owns a tube or bottle of this eyeshadow base.  I bought the original primer potion in the professional size because I figured that I would get more bang for my buck.  I also heard that the squeeze tube was easier to use and last longer than the original potion bottle with the applicator wand.  The salesperson at the case register at Sephora said that I would not be disappointed and she was totally right.

I have been a fan of this product since the first day I used it.  The primer is light and creamy and dries invisible on the skin.  It helps to brighten your eyeshadow shades while providing the best last power that resists fading and creasing.  I was so impressed with how my eyeshadow and eyeliner held up way past my lunch hour.  During my pre-eyeshadow primer days, I would always find myself in front of the bathroom mirror after lunch carefully wiping away my raccoon eyes.  Now, all I need is powder touch ups for my face and rarely have to wipe away raccoon under eye circles...only the outer eye corner areas at best (I have teary eyes from time to time).

The squeeze tube bottle is easy to use and the needle point dispenser top makes application as breeze.  I usually dab a small amount on the tip of my finger and blend the product with a finger tip along my entire upper eyelid.  I find that just a little bit goes a long way and am so impressed with the staying power of my eyeshadow when I use it, which is daily.

I am still a fan of drugstore makeup products, but make exceptions for higher-end products that work, especially when they work better than the drugstore products.  A huge thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment