Tuesday, September 18, 2012

BEAUTY REVIEW: Clinique Continuous Coverage SPF 15 in Ivory Glow

SOURCE:  Clinique
I don't know many women with flawless skin.  Admit it ladies, we all have some blemishes that need hiding or a little touch up, so a good concealer is a must have item.  My favorite concealer used to be Almay's Nearly Naked Cover Up Stick in Light/Medium until I found out that this concealer was discontinued.  Instead of searching for a concealer from the drugstore, I decided to go to the department store.  I am a satisfied and dedicated user of Clinique products for moisturizing, cleansing, and face makeup, so I figured I would give its concealers a whirl.

Incidentally, my mom uses Clinique's Continuous Coverage and suggested that I try it.  I'm glad that I listened to her (I admit it, I don't always listen to her) because it does a fantastic job with covering my facial blemishes and sun spots without leaving a cakey appearance.

THE PROS:
  • The performance:  This liquid product provides full coverage and is easy to apply onto the face with using your fingertips or concealer brush.  It applies on smooth and leaves a matte finish without streaking.  It also does not leave a cakey appearance and easily blends with your foundation.  I use this product under my liquid foundation.  This product provides such great coverage that you can use this as a concealer or a foundation.
  • The benefit:  This product has SPF 15, so it provides protection from the sun.  Although I always wear sunblock under my foundation, a little more protection can't hurt.
  • The variety:  This product comes in four different colors to match a full spectrum of skin tones, including Creamy Glow, Ivory Glow, Porcelain Glow, and Natural Honey Glow.  I use the Ivory Glow, which is good for light to medium skin tones.
  • The packaging:  This product comes in an easy to use squeeze tube with a needle point nose.  Forget the messy doe foot applicator wands or the pumps that sometimes squeezes out too much product.  The squeeze tube allows you to control the amount of product you need.  However, the Clinique website states that new packaging is being phased in, so I am not sure if it is just a change to the color or design of the tube or if Clinique is doing away with the squeeze tube all together.  I hope that is not the latter because I love the squeeze tube.
THE CONS:
  • The price:  This product has a retail value of $24 for 1.2 fl. oz., which is pretty steep, but I find that this product lasts me several months since just little goes a long way.
  • The availability:  This product is not available at drugstores.  However, Clinique is widely available at most major department stores and Sephora as well as outlet cosmetic stores, such as Ulta or the Cosmetic Company Outlet.
All in all, I am sold on this product.  Again, I guess mothers do know best because this product performed great on my skin.  Even my female coworkers noticed the difference and asked me if I was doing something different to my regular skin care routine because my skin looked clearer and brighter.  I give this product a thumbs up all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment