Monday, May 16, 2016

RAMBLE: Changes Ahead...

Source:  Google
It's been years (two years!) since I last posted something on this blog. Honestly, I was considering taking this blog down, but I came to the realization that perhaps that this was a perfect opportunity to make some changes.


I originally started this blog as a way to keep up with my writing skills, provide some beauty reviews, and insert some rants and raves about various topics. This blog was also supposed to be a bit therapeutic for me as I navigated through this roller coaster ride that we call life.


Today, was reminded how much of a roller coaster life can be. I found out that a friend of mine lost her job. It wasn't her fault. It wasn't anybody's fault. It was just life. Her new boss, who was tasked to make changes in the office to turn things around, made a decision that the office could not keep her. While you hear of job loses all the time, especially when a new company or management takes over, it hits home when it happens to someone who you are close with. This is a huge change that she must deal with head on. Looking for a new job, learning new skill sets, and adapting to a new work environment. It seems like an insurmountable feat. Even though my friend is hurting now, I am confident that she has the strength to move on and find something new after she gets over her shock and is able to process everything.


This occurrence caused me to start reflecting upon myself and how I deal with change. I think I'm like a lot of people because I don't care for change. I know people who embrace change because it is an opportunity for them to reevaluate themselves and make improvements. My initial reaction is that change is hard because it forces you to go outside of your comfort zone and dip your toes into the pool of the unknown and unpredictable.


However, despite my initial reaction to change, I realize that I have dealt with change quite a bit in the last five years. I left my job and my long-term relationship ended with a broken heart. As hard as it was for me to leave my job, even though I was totally miserable, I ended up finding a position that I enjoy and challenges me. As for my broken heart, it mended over time and was made whole again with a new and exciting relationship. So, change isn't that bad entirely; just a little scary and painful at first.


I am thinking about making some changes to this blog because change can be good. Please join me as I dip my toes in the pool of the unknown!

No comments:

Post a Comment