Monday, January 16, 2012

BEAUTY REVIEW: Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum in Black

SOURCE:  Drugstore.com
I was browsing around the cosmetic department of Longs several weeks ago (which, by the way, is never a good idea for me since I always end up buying more cosmetic items that I don't really need) and noticed that the store restocked and reorganized the Physicians Formula display section.  So, like a dedicated target consumer that I am, I just had to make a full investigation.

I have to make a disclaimer.  The Longs that I usually go to is located in Downtown.  Due to its smaller space compared to other Longs stores, the cosmetic department is smaller and the variety of products is limited.  Thus, even though the some products are out on the market for a while, it sometimes takes Downtown Longs a long time to finally have these new items in stock.

One of the "new" items that I noticed was the Eye Booster 2-in-1 Boosting Eyeliner + Serum from Physicians Formula in Black.  I first heard about this product from watching several makeup gurus on YouTube and was excited to try it.  I am a big fan of felt tip eyeliners because I feel that I have better control applying my eyeliner than with a brush.  However, the videos on YouTube claimed that the fine brush tip on the Eye Booster Eyeliner worked just as well as a felt tip liner and the staying power of the liner was fantastic.

This product claims to visibly boost lash length, volume, and thickness instantly among 100% of women. Honestly, I think that is a pretty bold claim to make, but...whatever.  I bought this product for the eyeliner part, not the lash boosting serum.  This product is made in Japan and uses a high-tech Japanese formula that claims to be long-wearing, water-resistant, and smudge-resistant.

While I can't vouch for the lash boosting serum (since I haven't used this product long enough to see any results), I can say that the eyeliner was long-wearing, water-resistant, and smudge-resistant.  I was pleasantly surprised at how long lasting this eyeliner was and had an easy time using the brush tip to line my eyes.  The brush tip allowed me to make thin and thick lines effortlessly, just like my favorite holy grail eyeliner from L'Oreal.

There is one downfall to this product that keeps my L'Oreal eyeliner from losing its holy grail status.  The eyeliner is not dark enough.  I prefer jet black eyeliners and the Physician's Formula eyeliner in black is actually a slate gray, especially when applied on top of eye shadow.  I happened to notice on the website that this line comes in a "ultra black" shade, which I did not see at Longs.  Perhaps that shade will satisfy my need for jet black eyeliner.  If you are looking for a slate gray eyeliner, this would be a great product for you.

All in all, I give this product a thumbs up for its eyeliner portion.  The eyeliner does what it claims to do and stayed on throughout the day and night.  It was also relatively easy to remove at the end of the day.  However, the jury is still out on the lash boosting portion.

**UPDATE**  I bought and tried the ultra black shade and I can't believe that I am saying this, but...I think I am now in love with the Physicians Formula eyeliner over my beloved L'Oreal  Linear Intense Carbon Black Felt Tip Liner.  The ultra black shade is jet black and applies effortlessly.  Combined with the long-lasting, water-resistant, and smudge-resistant formula, the Physicians Formula eyeliner has reached "super star status" with me!  Don't worry, I am not giving up on my L'Oreal eyeliner.  Now, I just alternate between the two products.

No comments:

Post a Comment