Monday, January 2, 2012

RAMBLE: Happy New Year!

SOURCE:  Google
Happy New Year!  I can't believe it, but another year has come to a close.  I must be getting older because I remember thinking that only old people talk about how time flies.  However, in my "old age," I can see the truth to this statement.

Before I start rolling with this blog post, let me extend my sincere apology for missing the last two days of Blog-cember.  I was doing so well leading up to the wee last days of December and honestly thought I was going to be successful in my mission to add a blog post every day during the month.  Alas, all my best intentions fell through as I got really busy with wrapping up all of my end of the year responsibilities and obligations.  I hope you all understand.  Again, please accept my apologies.

In evaluating 2011, I am still on the fence.  Last year brought a lot of tough times and stress, which cumulated into a really bad period for me on the work front.  In light of the new year, I guess the proper thing to do is to redirect my negative energy and pain and turn it into something positive.

The positive thing that came out of this whole ordeal was that it could've been worse.  I know that sounds like such a cliche, but there is a lot of truth to that statement.  When everything started going south and going south very fast, I knew that I needed to leave my job.  What was fortunate for me was that when a door was slamming in my face, another door suddenly opened and shuttled me through the threshold.  I am so fortunate that everything worked out in the end.  Now, I am happier and in a position that encourages me rather than put me down and place the blame on me.  I have to thank my lucky stars.  And on that note, I guess 2011 was a good year because despite the stress, I came out of it and am a little stronger and wiser as a result of that experience.

Now comes the New Years resolutions for 2012.  I don't usually make resolutions because I don't see the point in making lofty goals and promises that are broken in a matter of months.  However, I am going to make an exception for 2012.  I still harbor bad feelings and ill will towards those that made my life a miserable at my old job.  I want to try to let all of those ill feelings go in 2012.  There isn't much point in continuing to speak poorly about one particular individual.  It doesn't mean that I forgive her or want to bury the hatchet, but the snide and catty remarks should stop.  Instead, I need to recognize that she is no longer a friend, colleague, or supervisor of mine, and move on.

Happy New Year everyone!  Let's make 2012 a good and positive year!

No comments:

Post a Comment