Sunday, January 8, 2012

BEAUTY REVIEW: Suave Professional Touchable Finish Hairspray in Extra Hold

SOURCE:  Drugstore.com
Hairspray.  I've been using hairspray since my days when we used to style our bangs into big "Hang Ten" waves.  When big hair was all the rage and before we knew that the gaping hole in the ozone layer was partly attributed to our desire for big hair that defied the limits of gravity.

However, despite my need for height and control, I wasn't very picky about the actual product name.  Since I used so much of it back in the day, I usually resorted to cheaper brands at the drugstore that did the job.  That's when I started to use Suave hairspray.  It was affordable and performed pretty well.  The downside to Suave hairspray is the slightly crunchy finish.

Despite graduating from the big wave bang style, I still need hairspray to keep down my flyaway wisps or maintain volume.  Thus, I still use Suave hairspray.  I also still use aerosol hairspray now that I am reassured that the formula in aerosol cans are regulated as to not cause further damage to the ozone layer.

Recently, I noticed that Longs was having a sale on Suave hairstyling products.  I was actually running low on hairspray, so the sale came at a perfect time.  I picked up a can of the new Suave Professionals Touchable Finish Hairspray in Extra Hold.  I usually buy the regular Suave Hairspray in the big hot pink cans, but I thought I would try this new line of Suave products after seeing the commercials on TV.  Those are the commercials where top name hair stylists use unnamed hair products and find out that they used Suave Professionals hairstyling products rather than the fancy big name products they are used to using.

I give this product a big thumbs up.  It has a light non-chemical scent and sprays an even mist.  The hold is strong, but the finish is soft and natural rather than clumpy or crunchy.  The product is not sticky and lasts throughout the day.  It also washes out easily from your hair.  I am a big fan of this new product.  Kudos to Suave for developing a line that is affordable and performs well!

No comments:

Post a Comment