Monday, April 4, 2011

BEAUTY REVIEW: OPI Nail Lacquer in "Mimosas for Mr & Mrs"

SOURCE: Amazon
I bought this OPI polish in "Mimosas for Mr & Mrs" a while back during a sidewalk sale at the mall.  I believe this nail color was part of the OPI Bridal Collection, but like all of the OPI collections that come out, this was only for a limited time; probably why this polish was on sale.  However, I think the nail color is still available at nail and hair salons.

"Mimosas for Mr & Mrs" is a matte sheer baby pink shade that is perfect for...yes...the bridal party...but also for a conservative work place environment with strict dress code standards.  It's a nude shade with just enough color and looks great with your nails cut short.

I applied the following to my nails:
  • One coat of Revlon Quick Dry Base Coat
  • Two coats of OPI Nail Lacquer in "Mimosas for Mr & Mrs
  • One coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
As I said before, this polish has a sheer matte finish, so this is a pretty overlay color for a french manicure by using one coat.  I previously tried using three coats of this polish on my nails for a more opaque finish on my nails, but it looked a little unnatural on my hands.  I like sheer finishes, so two coats is perfect for me.  I haven't tried using a glitter overlay with this color yet, but I imagine that can be a pretty option too.  As always, OPI polishes are good quality polishes and are pretty long wearing polishes, just as long as you use a good base coat and top coat.  I recommend this lovely shade!

No comments:

Post a Comment