Friday, November 25, 2011

SHOPPING THERAPY: BCBGirls "Ariel"

SOURCE:  Amazon.com
Today was the infamous "Black Friday."  I am not a fanatic of Black Friday.  I loathe crowds.  I'd rather spend the day after Thanksgiving sleeping in and nursing my indigestion from my binge eating the night before.  In fact, for the past four years, I've avoided making the decision about whether I should brave the crowds by reporting to the office instead.  However, this year was different.  I didn't have work to save me and my mom was itching to get out of the house.

As a result, I developed a Black Friday strategy because no matter how much the sales may entice me with flashy big discounts, the crowds of eager and aggressive shoppers are enough to keep me home where it's safe.  My mom and I figured that the stores in Downtown would be far enough away from the malls and super stores where most of the crowds would be clamoring about.

Now, I realize that Black Friday is supposed to be the official beginning of the Christmas shopping season where the theory behind the ordeal is to buy gifts for others.  However, I am embarrassed to report that I spent more on myself than on others today.  One of things I found was this lovely pair of super comfortable peep toe pumps!  This BCBGirls glossy patent leather open peep toe dressy pump has a square open peep toe and rolled edges that are super comfortable for your toes.  The pump has a 3-1/2 inch curvy heel.

I've seen these heels at Macy's for several months now, but never on sale.  BCBGirls shoes usually have a pretty price tag, which scare me away.  Besides, I have more than enough black peep toe pumps.  However, when I saw these pumps on the clearance rank in my size, I knew the shopping gods were sending me a divine message from above.  The original price is $79.00, but today's value is $39.50 (50% off the original price) with an additional 10% off by using my Macy's card.  Thus, the grand total with tax came out to $37.22.  Yay me and I didn't have to fight the crowds to score my prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment