Sunday, November 20, 2011

SHOPPING THERAPY: Nine West "Leopard Jacquard"

Source:  ShopStyle.com
I keep telling myself that I don't need another handbag.  I have a huge pile of handbags from tiny clutches to enormous travel totes in the corner of my bedroom.  Some of these items, I am ashamed to say, still have their price tags attached to them along with the tissue paper stuffing.

I admit it...I think I have a problem.  I just can't seem to resist taking a peek in the handbag section.  I try to resist the temptation, but the gravitational pull is just too strong for me sometimes, especially when I am stressed out and am in desperate need for some retail therapy.  It's been a really long and bad couple of months at work, so I've been long overdue for some therapy.  At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Today I accompanied my mom to Macy's (aka my home away from home).  I was not in the market to buy anything in particular (isn't that how all shopping spree stories start?), but just had an urge to look at what was available.  We took a peek at the handbag department and started perusing.  And then...I saw it!

The Nine West Leopard Jacquard is a medium shopper style printed tote bag with silver-toned hardware, buckle detailing, a bold embossed faux leather panel, and a metal logo plate.  The inside of the handbag is divided into three compartments with a center zippered compartment that is perfect for wallets and other valuables.  There are separate side compartments for your keys, cell phone, and other electronic devices along with an outside zip pocket for additional items.

I have to admit that I instantly feel in love with this handbag, especially when I found out the price.  Macy's was having a special sale today and many of the items in the handbag department were marked down with an additional savings when using your Macy's card.  This handbag was originally $89, but today's value price was $44.50 with an additional 15% discount by using my Macy's card for a grand total (plus tax) of $39.60.  I saved a total of $51.18!  With that level of savings, how could I pass it up?  Again, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment