Tuesday, February 15, 2011

BEAUTY REVIEW: Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer...DISCONTINUED

ARGH!  It would just be my luck that when I finally find a concealer that I love-love-love, it's gone-gone-gone!  For my first beauty product review, I was going to review the Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer, but according my favorite makeup review website (http://www.makeupalley.com/), Maybelline discontinued production due to a low demand for this product.

Granted, I haven't been a long time user of this product as I still use my Almay Nearly Naked Cover Up Stick as my primary concealer, but I have recently fallen in love with the Maybelline concealer to add extra coverage for my problem areas.  The mousse consistency enables me to get to hard to reach areas, such as around the nostrils (I prefer to apply concealer with my finger tip rather than a concealer brush).  When applied over my foundation, this product provided great coverage for my dark under eye circles and old acne scars.  I tried the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector with the concealer on one side of the stick and a highlighter color on the other.  The concealer on this product is not as effective as the Dream Mousse Concealer.

I guess I am just going to suck it up and deal with it.  I am also thinking about trying the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Set or Sonia Kashuk Let's Face It concealer from Target or the PRO Camouflage FX Concealer Palette from Victoria's Secret.  I am veering away from liquid concealers these days.

Oh Maybelline...I'm so sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment