Monday, February 28, 2011

SHOPPING THERAPY: Kate Spade "Ola 2" Sunglasses

This was honestly an impulse buy because I wasn't in the market for new sunglasses.  In fact, the idea didn't even dawn on me until I just happened to pop into a new sunglasses store that recently opened to the restaurant we were dining at nearby.  Honestly, this is what happens when I am stressed at work.  I find ways of relieving work-related stress in sometimes expensive ways.  It's what I like to call:  "Shopping Therapy."

I looked through the brightly illuminated walls of the store with all the different designer brand shades neatly lined and stacked up next to each other.  I looked at the Coach sunglasses (a pair that I already have, use, and love) first, then the Gucci shades, and then followed by the Juicy Couture frames.  None of them grabbed me.  And then...the heavens parted and the guiding angels above led me to the next display with all the Kate Spade shades.  Chime in the harp and choir!

I love Kate Spade!  If I actually had the money to afford all of her items, I would have the complete set season after season, but I don't so I can't.  But, it doesn't stop me from looking and admiring.  I may not be able to afford the apparel, handbags, and shoes, but I can justify the sunglasses.

I love these sunglasses!  The classic frame shape remind me of old Hollywood and the snake skin design along the sides of the temples updates this classic design.  The frames are large and squared off, and fit perfectly on my face.  Due to the size and shape of these frames, this item may not the best for those with smaller faces.  I purchased the black with gray gradient lenses, but there is also deep purple frames with gray gradient lenses, brown horn with brown polarized lenses, and brown snake with brown gradient lenses.  The case is a cute green hard cover case, which makes it easy to find in your handbag.  I paid about $150 for this pair at the sunglasses store, but have seen the same pair for a little less on the Internet.

Even though I technically didn't need another pair of sunglasses, I love my Kate Spade shades.  This will hold off my desire for additional Kate Spade items for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment