Monday, March 28, 2011

BEAUTY REVIEW: The Body Shop Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream

SOURCE: The Body Shop
To follow up with my Beauty Review on Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve, I thought it was only right that I include a review of my daytime daily hand cream.  A couple of years ago, I received a tube of The Body Shop's Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream as part of a Christmas present.  At that time, I was on the hunt for another hand cream as my lotions from Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works were not providing much relief for me.  I already had a trip to Las Vegas planned, so I threw in the tube of hand cream from The Body Shop into my suitcase and decided to test it out in the dry climates of Nevada.  To my delight, it worked well and I have been a dedicated user of this product ever since.

The hand and nail cream is a light non-greasy formula that includes almond oil and soy oil to help repair skin's moisture barrier, restore moisture, and add smoothness to your hands.  The shea butter softens and vitamins A, E, and F nourishes skin.  The beeswax moisturizes as well as conditions the nail beds.  The cream has a soft almond scent unlike some of the stronger scents from the Victoria's Secret or Bath & Body Works lotions.

I use this on a daily basis during the day and follow up at night with my Kiehl's hand cream.  I also find that this hand and nail cream is perfect to use when giving manicures.  I usually follow up the manicures I give myself at home with this product.  While I admit that the price of this product is a bit high ($16.00 for a 3.4 fl. oz. tube), it's a good and long lasting product, especially when you factor in the organic and community trade ingredients incorporated into the cream.  Furthermore, you don't need a lot of product to moisturize your hands, so it lasts a while for me.  I highly recommend this product for people who are graduating from the heavy scented lotions and looking for real relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment