Monday, March 14, 2011

SHOPPING THERAPY: Urban Decay Cosmetics

SOURCE: Urban Decay
Like many ladies out there, I've been patiently waiting for my opportunity to get my paws on the Urban Decay Naked Palette.  When this palette first came out on the market, I was like, "Nah, I have way too many eyeshadows as it is now.  Don't need another set."  Plus, I never tried any of the Urban Decay eyeshadows before, so I couldn't assess whether the cost matched with the quality.  The only Urban Decay product I own is the Eye Shadow Primer Potion, which I treat like royalty because it keeps my eyeshadow put!

But then, I started to buy into the buzz.  YouTube makeup gurus went on and on about how wonderful this palette was and contributors on Makeup Alley also raved about with more than 80% of its reviewers rating that this was a product they would purchase again.  Also, I love using neutral eyeshadows.  Well, in that case...I need to get myself one and see what the fuss is all about!

"Houston...We have a problem!"  I went down to Sephora and I was informed that they have been sold out of the Naked Palette for months.  Roh-oh!  They politely inquired whether I would like to add my name to their looooong list of names on the waiting list.  I passed on the offer and decided to try Macy's instead.  No Naked Palettes at Macy's either, so I figured that it wasn't meant to be and I must stay content with all the eyeshadows I already own.

But then, another wave of Naked Palettes came in and YouTube makeup gurus who weren't able to get their hands on the palette the first time were now raving about it.  I caught the buzz again and went down to Sephora.  Nope.  I went down to Macy's and...TA DAH!!  They have it in stock!  The salesperson at Macy's explained that they got a shipment of 200 Naked Palettes last week and after distributing palettes to all who were on the waiting list, they have a few left over.  I was finally able to get my paws on one!  YAY!

The salesperson at Macy's explained to me that the Naked Palette still has all 12 great neutral eyeshadows and mini Primer Potion, but now has Karma Eyeshadow Brush instead of the 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil.  As a result, I also threw in a 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero to try since everyone swears that this pencil is waterproof and smudge proof.  We'll see about that....  I'll do separate reviews on each, but just wanted to share my exciting news!

So here's my breakdown (or damage) at Macy's:
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette:  12 neutral shades including shimmers, satiny, matte, and glittery textures, a mini Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, and a Karma Eyeshadow Brush.  Retail value:  $48.00.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero:  A creamy waterproof long lasting eye pencil.  Retail value:  $18.00.  I know...$18.00 for an eye pencil!  That's pretty pricey, so we'll see if this little pencil lives up to all its hype.
I haven't tried either one yet.  I've been too busy admiring my palette to swatch any of the shades.  I know, silly me!

No comments:

Post a Comment