Thursday, March 17, 2011

BEAUTY REVIEW: NYX Eyeshadow Trio in Aloha/Mink Brown/Deep Bronze

SOURCE: Amazon
As I said before in previous reviews, I tend to gravitate to neutral shades.  It doesn't matter how many neutral eyeshadows I have in my personal makeup collection, I still catch myself looking for more.

My favorite neutral shadows are from the Revlon Colorstay 12 Hour Eyeshadow Quads in Coffee Bean and in Copper Spice.  The circle of my favorite "go-to" eyeshadows became larger when I discovered the NYX Eyeshadow Trio in Aloha/Mink Brown/Deep Bronze.

This NYX Trio was my first NYX product purchase and started my NYX collection thereafter.  These neutral shades have a satiny finish when applied and last well throughout the day if a eyeshadow primer is applied first.  I use the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.  I usually use all three shades:  Mink Brown on my eyelid, Deep Bronze on my outer corner, and Aloha on my brow bone for highlight.  This creates a really simple and clean look.  If I want a more dramatic look for evening, I apply more Deep Bronze for a smoky eye look.  On the weekends, I will wear a sheer application of these shades and apply a thin line of eyeliner with mascara to highlight my eyelashes.

This palette started me on my love connection with NYX eyeshadows!  It is one of my favorites and it is so affordable too!  Love-love-love!

No comments:

Post a Comment