Friday, March 4, 2011

BEAUTY REVIEW: Maybelline Stylish Smokes Eyeshadow Quad in Natural Smokes

I am trying to refrain myself from buying more eyeshadow quads because my eyeshadow collection is getting too large for what I really need.  After all, I only have one pair of eyes and usually wear a single look per day.  However, I broke down and bought this product in Natural Smokes after rave reviews from various makeup gurus on YouTube.

I thought I would give it a try since I always tend to gravitate toward browns and neutral shades for eyeshadow.  Case in point, I am a huge fan of Revlon Colorstay 12 Hour Eyeshadow Quads in Coffee Bean and Copper Spice, and NYX Trio Eyeshadow in Aloha/Mink Brown/Deep Bronze.

The color pigments in the quad palette are pretty good and tend to last throughout the day.  Although I noticed that the colors have a tendency to blend into one color by the end of the day.  I use the brow, lid, and crease colors eyes.  If I am going for a more dramatic evening look, I will use the outer corner color to line my under eye lash line.  I also use my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion before applying this product to ensure that the colors will last throughout the day and not crease.  I prefer not to use a color base, but have used the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in French Fries in the past.  However, I think the lid color looks better and has a more satin dewy finish on my bare lid without a color base.  It's totally up to each individual's preference.

This product has such a good color pay off that I bought the Stylish Smokes eyeshadow quad in Amethyst Smokes.  I haven't tried that one yet, but intend to in the near future.   All in all this quad is great for day and night time looks.  If you plan to wear this look from day into the night, you may need to reapply as the colors do blend easily.  You may need a touch-up before heading out for the evening.  I totally recommend this product!

No comments:

Post a Comment