Monday, March 7, 2011

RAVE FAVE: AK Anne Klein "Kalei" Pumps

About six months ago, I was browsing around Nordstrom Rack killing some time before our movie.  I wasn't in the hunt for anything in particular, including shoes, especially black pumps.  Like I always tell myself:
"I really don't need anymore shoes!  I only have one pair of feet!  Step away from the shoe rack, woman!"
But, then the little devil on my other shoulder starts loudly chirping in my other ear and usurps all voice of reason.  Sigh...

So, there I was minding my own business in the ladies shoes section of Nordstrom Rack when lo and behold, the heavens part and the light shines on this black pump with the cutest little rose detail at the front of the shoe!  The little devil on my shoulder suddenly exclaims:
"Ooh!  You don't have a black pump like that!  Try it on and see how it fits!  Go on....you know you want too....  Trying on is F-R-E-E!"
Before I knew it, I was flinging off my shoe in the middle of the shoe aisle to try on the pump.  That was all it took.  Ka-ching!

The AK Anne Klein "Kalei" is a 3-1/2 inch d'orsay heeled leather pump.  The leather rose ruffle at the peep toe creates an added flirty look to this fairly comfortable shoe.  The only problem I have is that my foot tends to slide forward in this shoe and cause the back heel to flap against my foot as I roll my foot while walking.  My foot is a perfect size 7, which is the size I bought, so perhaps this is caused by the design of the shoe or that the shoe runs a little big (or both).  Nevertheless, these are one of my favorite pumps to wear to work and goes perfectly with an ECI dress baby doll I own with coincidentally the same rosette embellishments!  These are great day and evening shoes, so I can go from work to dinner without worrying about remembering to pack a pair of evening shoes with me in my work tote.  One of my favorites to rave about!

No comments:

Post a Comment