Friday, March 4, 2011

BEAUTY REVIEW: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock with Helioplex in SPF 70

I am reaching the age where I need to be more conscientious about my skin care regimen and exercise more preventive measures.  Although I live in a predominately sunny climate, I wasn't in the daily habit of wear sunblock on my face.  Tsk, tsk, tsk....

When I started using the Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector, the Clinique counter salesperson at Macy's reminded me to make sure that I wear sunblock with the product.  I figured that it was about time that I concentrated more on my skin care and bought the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock in SPF 70.  SPF 70...sounds like over kill, but the SPF 45 and SPF 70 were the same price, so why not get the higher SPF?  I realize that I am only kidding myself since I read that ultra high SPF levels do not necessarily mean more protection, but I wasn't losing money in the process.

I apply this product every day after applying my moisturizer (Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion) and the Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector and before applying my concealer and foundation.  When applied without a moisturizer, my skin becomes really dry (probably due to the dry-touch formula).  Thankfully, my skin has adjusted well to this product and I haven't had any breakouts.  I find that some sunblocks have a strong scent, but this product's scent is very mild and hardly noticeable by me.  The application is pretty smooth and doesn't leave a greasy or chalky feel, and my foundation applies smooth on top of the sunblock.

Perhaps it is in conjunction with using the dark spot corrector, but I find that my face is brighter and more evenly toned.  My face does tend to get a little shiny sooner now that I have more product on my face, but nothing that a little blotting and powder can't rectify.  I recommend this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment