Saturday, December 10, 2011

BEAUTY REVIEW: Conair Infiniti You Style Curler & Straightener

SOURCE:  Amazon
I've been looking for a new flat iron and curling iron lately.  I have an old Revlon wet and dry flat iron and curling iron that I mostly use to straighten my hair, but I wanted something that heated up higher.  While the flat iron feature does a good job with my hair, the curling iron does not get hot enough to keep the curl in my hair.

My hair is naturally straight and has a difficult time holding a curl unless a lot of product is used or the tool is a salon tool.  I find that drugstore curling and flat irons do not get as hot as the ones found in salons, at least in my personal opinion.

This opinion rang true until I found Conair's Infiniti line of hairdryers, curling irons, and flat irons.  The nano silver tourmaline heating plates create shine and volume without ruining or frying your hair.  Conair Infiniti has a You Curl product, which is a clip-less curling iron that is all the rage with YouTube beauty gurus.  However, I didn't hear about the You Style implement until I happened to peruse through the shelves of my local drugstore when Conair hairstyling tools were on sale.

The Conair Infiniti You Style tool is a flat iron and curling iron in one tool.  You can create waves or curls using the curved edge curling plates or straight styles using the traditional flat straightening plates.  The product comes with an instructional DVD to help you create different styles.

I used this to straighten my hair for the pin straight look and found that this tool left my hair silky, smooth, and shiny.  I kept running my fingers through my hair without any resistance.  The curling feature is a little trickier and takes some practice and more time to do, but once I got the hang of it, my curls lasted longer than they usually do when using my Revlon curling iron.

Some of the negative reviews regarding this product are that the curls do not form correctly even when following the instructions.  I found three tricks to help me achieve the curls I want:

  • First, curl smaller sections of your hair to help disperse the heat better.  Smaller sections mean that curling your hair will take more time.
  • Second, loosely wrap your sections around the "barrel" of the instrument before pulling the "barrel" down while holding the end of your section with your fingers.  Be careful that you don't burn your fingers while doing this.
  • Third, pull down the instrument slowly through your parted section.  The slower you pull it down, the tighter curl you create.  Again, this method will take more time.


All in all, this product does what it claims to produce.  However, in the morning, I don't have time to curl my hair in the fashion that I just described above; thus, I end up using the flat iron feature.  I think I get faster results by using my old curling iron even though the curl doesn't hold as long.  Unfortunately, I just don't have time in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment