Monday, December 26, 2011

RAVE FAVE: iPod Touch

SOURCE:  Apple.com
I was obviously a good girl this year because "Santa" brought me a wonderful gift...an iPod Touch!  I have an old iPod Nano with a measly 2GB on it.  At the time I got it, it was the newest and latest with its thin construction and color graphics to support album covers and photos.  I thought I was hot to trot.  Despite its rather small memory capacity, I loved my iPod Nano.  I carried it in my purse and listened to my iTunes at work, while schlepping around downtown, or riding the bus.  I had a clear plastic cover to protect it from dings, scratches, and scuffs.

Ah, but technology moves much faster than commercial marketing and popular culture, and before I could even get my new iPod Nano out of its box, my model was already obsolete.  My iPod Nano was created before the iPhone and iPad craze with its superb capabilities and conveniences at the touch of your finger.  Despite this, I was satisfied with my obsolete Nano until I got my MacBook Pro.  I shamelessly felt that my  MacBook Pro should have newer accessories as "friends."  I know...I'm not proud, but I admit it...I am becoming an Apple snob.  So, this year for Christmas, I asked "Santa"for an iPod Touch.  I was enamored by the cool touch screen feature as well as the various applications, including iPhoto, iMovie, FaceTime, iTunes, and text messaging.

I should disclose that I am a loyal BlackBerry user, so getting an iPhone is out of the question for me.  I know...it doesn't make sense that someone who just admitted she is becoming an Apple snob would turn around and admit that she is a BlackBerry fan.  Despite that contradiction, I wanted the conveniences of having my MacBook Pro in the palm of my hand without converting over to an iPhone (and a new cellphone carrier!).  The iPod Touch satisfies my needs.  And hey...I get an iPod with way more memory than my Nano to boot!

I am slowly getting used to my new sidekick, which comes at a perfect time since our busy season at work is quirky approaching.  I love it!  Thank you "Santa!"

No comments:

Post a Comment