Monday, December 19, 2011

BEAUTY REVIEW: Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner Pencil in Black

SOURCE:  Drugstore.com
As I mentioned previously, I found my holy grail eyeliner.  Well, liquid eyeliner.  I am still in the hunt for a pencil eyeliner that will stay put along my bottom waterline.  Like a lot of my cosmetics, I have some conditions or preferences when it comes to my pencil eyeliners.

First, the pencil has to be waterproof, smudge proof, and fade proof.  Second, I also prefer a pigmented liner.  Finally, I prefer a retractable pencil rather than a regular pencil that requires sharpening.  However, that part is becoming a negotiable feature if the pencil is waterproof and smudge proof.  I guess I am a picky-picky girl, but I honestly just know what I like.

The Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner Pencil looked like it fulfilled all my requirements.  It claims to contain a waterproof formula that lasts up to 16 hours and won't smudge, smear, or fade away.  The pencil is a retractable crayon with a pull out sharpener to get your crayon to a nice shape point for thin precise line. Lastly, its carbon black formula is rich and intense.

Unfortunately, my water eyes are too much for this product to handle because by lunchtime, my eyeliner along my bottom waterline was fading and smearing fast.  My raccoon eyes were developing and I ended up taking a tissue and gently wiping the eyeliner along my bottom waterline away.  I had such high hopes for this product, but after about a week of consistent daily use, I decided that this was not the pencil for me.  I still use this product from time to time, but only for short periods of time before the raccoon in me makes an appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment