Thursday, December 15, 2011

BEAUTY REVIEW: Maybelline Expertwear Quad Eye Shadow in "Plum Smokes"

SOURCE:  Drugstore.com
I have to admit that I am a huge fan of Maybelline's Stylish Smokes quad eye shadow in "Natural Smokes."  In fact, I previously did a review on that product.  It's a great "go-to" every day eye shadow that you can wear day or night.  Thus, I was looking for more Maybelline eye shadow quads to add to my collection.

I noticed the Maybelline Expertwear Quad in "Plum Smokes" one day as I perused the makeup aisle at the drugstore.  I tend to gravitate to eyeshadows in plum shades and thought this might be a good quad for a day or evening look; just like the "Natural Smokes" quad.

I was right!  I love this quad!  The four shades are separated as follows:

  1. Base:  Light peachy shade
  2. Lid:  Lavender shade with slight gold undertones
  3. Crease:  A subdued violet shade
  4. Liner:  A rich chocolate brown shade with a slight sparkle finish.
I follow the numbered sequence on the package, but are more than welcome to mix and match the shades with others you may already have on hand.  These shadows go on easily and lasts long if applied with a good eyeshadow base.  The only drawback I can tell with this product is the packaging.  I really don't understand why Maybelline went from four equal squares to two long ones and two short ones.  To top it off, the rectangular eye shadows (base and liner colors), so you will run out of the based color fairly fast, which probably mades Maybelline happy as we find outselve buys more Maybelline products.  

No comments:

Post a Comment