Wednesday, December 14, 2011

RAMBLE: Co-worker Clutter

SOURCE:  Google
Today was the last day of work for one of my co-workers. She is moving onto another job and leaving behind her clutter.  I am supposed to move into her office space tomorrow and I am dreading what I will find as I bulldoze my way through her mess.

I am not the neatest person in the world and am ashamed to admit that my bedroom is looking rather cluttered right now with Christmas gifts that need wrapping and stacks of clothes that need to be donated to Goodwill.  However, I keep my office space in relative good order.  It is nearly impossible for me to produce neat and tidy work from a messy work space.  For some reason my brain is just not programed in that manner.

That is clearly not the case for my co-worker.  I was appalled to discover her office literally filled from floor to ceiling with STUFF...papers, files, books, shoes, trash, and even empty soda cans strewn haphazardly on the floor.  Every inch of desk space was covered and every book shelf packed.  Oh, and did I mention the smell?

She was reminded to clean out her office before she left work tonight because I would be moving into her office the next day.  The office space I currently have now will be filled by a new hire on Friday, so it doesn't give me much time to clean out her office and move my stuff in.  When I left the office this evening and peeked into her office, I didn't notice much progress.

Perhaps I am not cutting her enough slack and tomorrow I will arrive to work with a completely cleared out office to move into.  The power of positive thinking, right?  I have a feeling that I will be up to my ears in Clorox wipes, Swiffer dusters, Febreeze, and Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.  I better wear something comfortable because I will be lots of spring cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment