Sunday, December 25, 2011

BEAUTY REVIEW: L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Sunset Red

SOURCE:  Drugstore.com
Since it is the holiday season, I've been using red lipsticks to be festive.  One of my favorite red lipsticks used to be from Clinique until the company discontinued that shade for another shade of red that didn't quire compare to my favorite.

I was using Revlon ColorBurst lipstick in Crimson, which is a gorgeous deep red, but for some reason, I am not a fan of the scent of the Revlon ColorBurst lipsticks and eventually placed this lipstick to the side.  It's a shame because I liked how the Revlon ColorBurst lipstick line moisturized my lips.  My favorite line of lipsticks is L'Oreal Colour Riche lipstick; regardless that some people think that only old ladies use this line.

I am in love with the L'Oreal Colour Riche lipstick in Sunset Red.  It is a subdued shade of red that is not bright like a fire engine and not too deep that it looks bloody.  Instead this shade of red is really pretty with a hint of a gold undertone that lightly catches the light in the sun; hence, its color name.  Like all the other shades in the Colour Riche line, this lipstick is creamy and keeps your lips supple, soft, and smooth.  This particular shade lasts me throughout the morning (even through sips of coffee and breakfast) with only a minimal touch up after lunch.

Thumbs up for this lipstick shade.  It is my new holiday favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment