Wednesday, December 21, 2011

BEAUTY REVIEW: Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black

SOURCE:  Drugstore.com
Like I stated in my previous blog about mascara, I don't have long and thick eyelashes.  Instead, my lashes are short and sparse, so whether I have mascara on or not doesn't really matter in the long run because it is unnoticeable.  However, I still wear mascara and am always looking for a product that will create the illusion that I have more lashes and save me from wearing fake lashes.  Honestly, I am just too darn lazy to apply fake lashes every morning.

One day, I couldn't find the tube of mascara that I usually use at the drugstore.  I kind of started freaking out for a bit because I was worried that the brand discontinued it.  My friend suggested that I try Maybelline Great Lash mascara because she read that it is one of the most popular mascaras on the market.  I was a little skeptical, but I was desperate because I just threw away my last tube of mascara.

I purchased the waterproof formula and read the product claims that it it is waterproof, conditions as it thickens with all day wear without clumps, globs, or smudges.  I give this product a huge thumbs down.  This mascara has a wetter formula that I am used to, so with my teary eyes, I quickly noticed smears and the development of raccoon rings under my eyes.  While I noticed that my lashes thicken, it did not lengthen and it took awhile for the mascara to dry.  After about a week of wearing this mascara every day and wiping away the excess around my eyes every day, I decided to mind another mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment