Friday, December 16, 2011

BEAUTY REVIEW: Physicians Formular Concealer 101 Duo in "Yellow/Light"

SOURCE:  Drugstore.com
Like many women out there, I suffer from dark under eye circles.  Sometimes I can get away without concealer, but for the most part, applying concealer is part of my regular makeup routine.  I am always on the hunt for a good concealer, but my hunt is a little harder because I have some conditions.

First of all, I do not like wet liquid concealers, which you need to apply with a brush.  I prefer concealers with a thicker consistency, so that I may apply the product with my fingertips.  I feel like I have better control that way and besides, it is one less makeup brush that I need to clean.

Second, the concealer needs to provide good coverage with relatively easy application.  I like thicker concealers, but I want a concealer that is so thick that it is like applying nearly dry paste to my under eye circles.

I am a fan of Physicians Formula products, but usually wait for the brand to go on sale at the drugstore as the regular price can be relatively higher than other brands.  It looked like this product fulfilled my conditions, so I was eager to try it out.

The Physicians Formula Concealer 101 comes with a yellow shade to color correct dark under eye circles and a light shade to cover yellow and any minor skin irritations.  The package contains a small applicator brush.  I have to give this product a thumbs down.  The consistency is just too thick and the coverage is too patchy.  The concealer is also so thick that it is difficult to extract the product to apply to the skin.  The small applicator brush in the compact is of absolute no help to serve the product's intended purposes and claims.  Back to the drawing board to search for another concealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment