Thursday, December 1, 2011

RAMBLE: Going Retro...

SOURCE:  The Vermont Country Store
It's the first day of December and I am already running behind the 8-ball on my "Blog-cember" initiative!  This post will have to be fast if I am to make it before midnight!

Tonight I was looking through my pile of holiday catalogs and came across a catalog I never seen before.  At first I was going to toss The Vermont Country Store catalog as it appeared to offer only a election of smoked meats and flannel robes, but I decided to take a closer look anyway.

Thank goodness I did because I found a whole bunch of retro items that I haven't seen in years!  This pink old fashioned dial telephone is the exact replica of my grandma's old phone that she used to keep in one of the bedrooms of her house.  My grandma loved the color pink, so it was clearly the right choice for her to get a pink telephone to match her style and tastes.

For $59.95 plus shipping and handling, you can be an owner of the "Princess Phone," which is an authentic 1959 replica.  Can't you just imagine Gidget lying on her bed talking to Moon Doggy?  What a great gift for someone who is into retro pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment