Friday, December 2, 2011

BEAUTY REVIEW: Herbal Essences Body Envy Hairspray

SOURCE:  Drugstore.com
Yikes, I am behind the 8-ball yet AGAIN!  Here's a quick review on the Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Hairspray.  When I bought this hairspray, it was an alternative purchase to my regular Suave hairspray standby.  Yes, I am kind of no-frills when it comes to caring for my hair.

Anyway, I was out of hairspray and for some odd reason my neighborhood drugstore was out of my favorite.  The Herbal Essences hairstyling products were on sale at the time, so I bought one to try.  I figured, "Hey, hairspray is hairspray, right?"  Besides, I watched numerous YouTube beauty gurus use this line of hair care products, so I figured it couldn't be all that bad.

The picture of the can is a little different from the can I own.  And yes, I prefer aerosol hairspray as opposed to pump.  I think the coverage and hold is better with an aerosol spray.  Despite the different can design, everything else appears to be the same.

I chose the volumizing spray as opposed to the other choices ("Set Me Up" and "Tousle Me Softly") because I was originally going to use this spray for teasing my hair.  In the end, I found this perfect for securing fly aways and setting my hair in place all day.  The only draw back with this product is that it is quite sticky upon application and leaves a stiff finish.  It is a great maximum hold spray, but be prepared for some crunchy curls.  A good shampoo will do the trick though to get the product out of your hair at the end of the day.  I like that the Sunset Citrus scent is fruity and fresh.

However, I will be running out of product pretty soon, and I admit that I will be going back to my good 'ol standby.  Some habits die hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment