Sunday, December 4, 2011

SHOPPING THERAPY: Drugstore Haul

SOURCE:  Microsoft Office
I spent a good chunk of my Sunday today in front of the boob tube.  This is a good thing since I really needed a day where I could sleep in and do nothing much of anything.  However, my day off resulted in some consequences today, like I failed to balance my checkbook, sort through my closet, and organize my dresser drawers.  It also meant that I delayed completing my must-do errands until much later this evening.

After completing my errands tonight, I stopped off at Longs Drugstore.  The only reason why I entered the store was to check out some of the Tiger brand thermos bottles on sale.  None of the cosmetic brands were on sale this week; probably because the store wants to concentrate on Christmas gifts, items, and decorations.  I really should had known better than to peruse the cosmetic aisles if nothing was on sale.  I really don't know what came over me, but before I knew it, I was picking up a bunch of items that I really wanted to try...TRY NOW.

So, here's the damage I sustained from my trip to the drugstore:
  • L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Serum Intense Daily Treatment:  Various YouTube beauty gurus rave about this product, so I am really interested in giving it a whirl.  This serum is supposed to reduce signs of stress, fatigue, and aging.  Damage sustained = $24.99
  • L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Fairest Nude:  Again, various YouTube beauty gurus rave about this lipstick and being that my favorite lipstick brand is L'Oreal, I've been wanting to try this shade for the longest time.  However, Fairest Nude is a popular color and always out when L'Oreal cosmetics are on sale.  Damage sustained = $8.95
  • L'Oreal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes in Blackest Black:  This is a new product that contains a sculpting fiber formula that adheres to lashes for a volumized, sculpted lash effect for lashes to appear fuller, longer, sculpted, and curled.  Damage sustained = $8.95
  • Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller:  This formula is applied to the eye area to decongest puffiness and diminish dark circles.  The serum contains caffeine to combat puffiness and pro-vitamin B5 to refresh and hydrate the delicate eye area.  Damage sustained = $13.99
  • Goody Ouchless Headband:  This is the only product I bought that was on sale.  This is a wide hairband with soft flexible tips to avoid pressure points and provide all day comfort.  Damage sustained = $3.14
I plan to do Beauty Reviews for each of these items in the near future.  Total damage sustained tonight?  $62.85, including tax.  Yikes!  By the way, I checked out the Tiger brand thermos bottles and ended up not buying any of them.  Again, I should've known better than to visit the cosmetic aisles.  What a costly visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment