Friday, December 23, 2011

RAMBLE: Epic Win

Scoreboard at the Stan Sheriff Arena
I don't think I am going to make it in time for my daily blog post, but I have a really good excuse.  I just got home from the University of Hawaii Men's Basketball game against Xavier at the 2011 Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic.

Xavier is ranked 15th in the nation, but after tonight, their ranking will probably fall due to two straight losses.  Tonight, UH came on the court slow, but once the momentum started and the crowd got into it, the men caught up with the Musketeers and beat them in overtime 84-82.  What an EPIC game!

I am so proud and happy for the UH Men's Basketball team.  It's a win like this that brings them together and gels them as a team.  What a great win the for the team, the coaches, and the school!  The Diamond Head Classic is televised nationally on ESPN, which is such great exposure for the athletic program and the University.  First it was the announcement of Norm Chow as our new UH Football head coach and the next day, a big win against Xavier.  What a great Christmas present for UH!  Go Warriors!

No comments:

Post a Comment